• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
White Oak Top
V

White Oak Top

White oak crotch natural edge 11" x 3" x 1/4" wall thickness. Finished with 5 coats Danish oil, burnt rim.
Thanks Mike, The bark flew off when I was doing the finish cuts on the bottom and I didn't like the look of the bare oak, no contrast between the bowl and edge so I got the propane torch out and blackened it. That created other ideas for a burning texture I will try next time I do oak.

How can I add another photo to this thread ?
I've wanted to do that, too. It appears as though you can only insert a link from a photo that is already online.....but, I can't put a photo here that is in my personal photo album stored on my PC......

Let me know if I'm wrong....but, you can't insert a photo, unless it's stored on an online source.

-o-

Nice feathering in the crotch. How about a perspective view to reveal the shape of the bowl?
Bill, you want to see a bottom view or side view ? I'll just post another picture in the gallery. Mike and Odie, Thanks for the help but thats above my pay grade I'm no computer person.

Bill, you want to see a bottom view or side view ? I'll just post another picture in the gallery. Mike and Odie, Thanks for the help but thats above my pay grade I'm no computer person.

‘Vincent, the perspective view that I mentioned would be mostly a side view and slightly elevated to reveal enough of the top so that you could visualize the overall shape. A good example of a perspective view is Michael Anderson’s Luminous Biscuits.

Posting an image in the replies isn’t what we would like, but unfortionally it is what it is. We have requested that XenForo modify the forum software to allow uploading images in the reply section of the gallery, but they don’t appear to be very interested in our request. The workaround that Michael posted looks like the best option if you don't have an online photo gallery.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Vincent Vogel
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename