• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
wabi_sabi
M

wabi_sabi

The piece is beech 150mm dia x 135 high. textured and aged to give the appearance of aged copper. The lid is textured using a rotary carver and small burr, this then being aged with copper foil, patination fluids and artists acrylics once dry.

Some of you may have seen it elsewhere, I apologise
if you have.

Comments welcome
Reactions: Ligia Rodrigues
very nice

Wonderful piece of work. I'd love to come over and see how you do this. Curious, when you say aged to give the appearance of aged copper on the vessel, was that done with copper foil as with the top?

Hi Mark.
You know i love this piece.
As a matter of interest to members i have bought this beautiful piece from Mark and it now takes pride of place in my display cabinet.

Regards George

Hello all
Thank you very much for your comments.

Charlie, thank you

Norm , Thank you

Hal, No the effect on the vessel is achieved using verdigris wax which is rubbed into the texturing, left to dry for a while. Then the vessel was buffed by hand using a cotton cloth to remove the wax from the high spots and show the wood/base colour.

Hi George

thank you matey. I am glad you appreciate it and enjoy it. That is the icing on the cake for me.

Thank you all again

Take care

Mark

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Mark Sanger
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating