• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Tea leaves
Terry Scott

Tea leaves

Description: Tea Leaves
150mm square 6 inches
The spout and handle are all part of the wings not added on yes a challenge to turn
This is the second in this series the first took weeks of planning this one didnt take as long as I thought to make it took longer
The texture on the wings was burnt in the leaves carved then highlighted with burning
The color of the leaves is a build of various airbrush spraying .Thanks go to Gordon Pembridge who showed me how to achieve this
The piece was then sprayed with lacquer to give the airbrushing depth
This may well be my flag ship for a while I am so happy with the out come
It has been suggested that the vessel didnt need the wings but I disagree as then it would have looked to close to Jacques V work .I tend to think wings are my thing so wings the pot got
Ive been holding off showing you all this as it was entered in a comp

Comments welcomed
You've outdone yourself with this one, Terry. What an outstanding piece. The whole composition is beautiful and the leaves are so well done. Very impressive.
Don L.

WOW! Terry that is an amazing piece. Everything about it is absolutely incredible. Well done.
Lou

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Terry Scott
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata