• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Leaves om Me
Terry Scott

Leaves om Me

This took a while to get finished made from Olive not that you would know it
6 layers of acrylic special effects sanded back then gold, bronze and antique bronze dry brushed on .Then waxed to bring out the shadows and detail
The base under the paint was Indian ink
Sometimes I sit down and work on a piece and say this one is for me ,Let me explain that Not for me to keep but for me to just enjoy making and creating/the journey Something about wasting the time away on a work not worrying about time or money. I often say I can turn to order 5 days a week the 6th day is for me. Just as well I have a day job eh
This is a lead on from my other carved vessels .I must say iam enjoying the play with different mediums and creating a 3 d effect
The leaves were first branded on then carved then more detail added by branding
7 inches high
Allot of influences from other turners work in this piece but hopefully Ive added my own bent on them all.So thanks to anyone who sees a bit of themselves in this piece
Comments Welcome
Reactions: Klaus Kirchner
Yer well where do you start with a piece like this ??
Fabulous as usual Terry, still trying to get my head around it :)

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Terry Scott
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Device