• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Honey Locust Burl NE HF
George Guadiane

Honey Locust Burl NE HF

This burl came from the edge of a wound (probably lightning strike). The tree fell down last winter, I have been waiting for this little piece to talk to me...
This is what it said:
Height 4 7/8 inches
Diameter: 4 7/8 inches
Finish: 600 oil sanded burnished bee's wax finish
Questions Comments and Critiques Welcome.
(and I can handle the truth)
George, Great piece of wood and I like what you have done with vessel but I think the foot would have worked better if is was a lot shorter, about 1/4 of the height.
It looks as though you have got a very clean finish on the inside. What tool did you use? Robbie

Hi Robbie,
I really like the Rolly Munro mini hollower. I use it for almost all of my hollowing. I also have the original size, works just the same needs a larger opening.
I called this a Hollow Form, should have been a snifter form... That's why it has the foot. The wood just looked like a brandy snifter to me.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
George Guadiane
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename