• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Cherry Dinner Plates
Randy Anderson

Cherry Dinner Plates

Six 11" cherry dinner plates requested by my sister in law. I don't do a lot of duplicative type work so this was good practice for me for work flow steps and consistency. My wife now wants a set of six so the set I make for her should be easier.
This picture highlights the challenges of taking pictures and selling online. The colors vary a lot depending on which device being used and are hard to get right. The plate on the bottom left is closer to the true color of all of them. The top ones look washed out.

Ver nice duplication efforts, and the chatoyance in cherry looks great. What finish did you put on these plates?

Thanks. Doctor's Workshop walnut oil with wax blend. I apply while spinning on the lathe and then buff them after it cures for a short time with a paper towel. I had to look up what chatoyance meant, never heard that term before. I was concerned about the look when I noticed it on the first one I finished but then liked it and saw it was consistent on all of them.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Randy Anderson
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Device