• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Aztec Influenced Charity Bowl
Andy Goldman

Aztec Influenced Charity Bowl

The bowl consists of Satine and Maple and is 10" W X 3.75"H. It contains just under 2000 pieces. On to the next Charity Donation.
It's a really beautiful piece Andy! I don't know if turners that haven't done segmented work are fully aware of the amount of design, fabrication and detailed effort that goes into creating such a beautiful open segmented bowl as yours.

@brian horais Brian: Thank you for your comments, always appreciated. Even though this bowl is only 10 X 3.75" it took abut 20 hours to design and fabricate it. I enjoy the process and I enjoy paying it forward by donating the proceeds from the sale of my bowls to reputable charities. Thank you again and keep up your beautiful work.

Awesome.
I know I could run a search, but are there any step-through instructions here for getting started in segmented bowl layout? Maybe something without a lot of math?

@Matthew Ferriter After spending most of my school days sitting in the back of math class next to the pretty girl, I will tell you that math/ segmented woodturning is not too complicated! That is an “old wives tale”!

I love your pattern Andy! The two colors just add to the pop! Of course the best part of the piece is your donation!! Well done!

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Andy Goldman
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename