• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
#2217 White Ash salad bowl.
odie

#2217 White Ash salad bowl.

Completed 11/13/2023, White Ash salad bowl, 14" x 5", 2 lb 8.7 oz, I left this one very thick near the bottom on the premise that it better stabilized the bowl while in use. It's a little over 1" thick near the base and tapers thinner toward the rim.

Sorry about my photography here. I forgot to move the camera further away for such a large bowl. This is why the depth is caused clarity issues near the rim, but clearer near the sides......I may try to redo the photos of this bowl later, but this is what I have for now.

-o-
Odie, you make so many beautiful bowls. But this one really stands out IMHO. Proof that you can make outstanding bowls from common domestic hardwoods. This will become an heirloom for someone.

Odie, you make so many beautiful bowls. But this one really stands out IMHO. Proof that you can make outstanding bowls from common domestic hardwoods. This will become an heirloom for someone.
Excellent obie salad bowl, finely crafted.
Nice bowl, that will hold a lot of salad, since it's a food bowl what finish did you use.

Thank you very much Curt, Dimitris and Vincent. I appreciate your taking the time to comment. :)

-o-

.....what finish did you use.

Vincent.....I use Danish oil natural, and give it a minimum of two weeks to cure. After that, I apply a coating of Lemon oil wax. I sometimes also use some butcher block oil for the final step.

-o-

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
odie
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata