• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

powermatic

1. McKay Daines

Lathe Wobble at 750 RPM

Hello all, I've been turning for about two years now and love it. I upgraded about a year ago to a Powermatic 3520B, and love that as well. I've had a persistent problem that I'm looking to troubleshoot with some more 'seasoned' turners ;) I've noticed that my lathe develops a wobble at...
  2. K

American Beauty or Powermatic 4224B

Good day everyone! There have been many posts regarding the Robust AB vs the Powermatic 3520 series but I haven’t seen much on the 4224. Can anyone share their thoughts comparing these two? Well loaded the 4224 comes in a little over 3k less than the AB. Thanks all!
  3. Peter D'Attomo

Powermatic 3520b wont run

Went to start it up yestreday and it wont run. I unplugged & replugged, no change. I reset the VFD, & disingaged the on off button( mushroom), unplugged it, heard 2 clicks from the VFD. Replugged it, initiated the on off & speed control, and the lathe ran. I then lowerd the speed control &...
  4. Marty Purselley

Lathe steadyrest for powermatic

This is a shop made steadyrest made by a local woodworker of some renown. He does great metal work too. Painted mustard yellow. Fits a powermatic 4224 and might fit others with the right baseplate. 4 arms as shown. LOCAL sales in the DFW metroplex only unless YOU pay shipping. $200.00...
  5. Clifton C

Powermatic 3520 bed extension

Looking for "50 inch Bed Extension with Leg for 3520B 6294726B" Or, know of a shipper or warehouse that might have one stashed... Thanks cc
  6. B

WTB Powermatic or Robust

My Jet 1440 is in need of an upgrade. I'm looking for a good condition PM 3520B/C or a Robust in the Pacific Northwest. Any leads would be appreciated. Thanks, Bill
  7. Robert Andrew

For Sale: 3520A with Accessories

Hi Friends, It is with a heavy heart that I am selling off my beloved PM 3520a...I simply do not have the shop space to house two full size lathes. This beauty has served me well over the years, but I just am out of room since downsizing my shop. This lathe is priced to move and will make...
  8. J

Powermatic 3520B VFD Replacement

About a week ago I had the VFD on my 3520B go out with a puff of smoke. I found two of the capacitors inside had blown. So I purchased and soldered on replacements but the failure also took out the controller board. In researching a replacement as I was not about to spend $600 on a 20 year old...
  9. E

Need help w Powermatic Model 90 lathe

Hi- New to forum. Just acquired this and the VS sleeve which moves the VS sheave seems to be stuck. Also researching how I am going to power this things. Head is swimming w those that have bypassed the reeves w a VFD, what is best way to take my single phase 220 V incoming to 3 phase to...
Back