• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

White Calligraphy Pen

@odie while looking through Hobby Lobby’s app I came across this pen and thought of your quest for something that would work well for signing dark wood. No experience with it, I just thought it seemed like it could work. I couldnt figure out how to copy a link in their app, but search for this on their site:

Opaque White India Ink Calligraphy Pen​

0 stars out of 5

odie

TOTW Team
Panning for Montana gold, with Betsy, the mule!
@odie while looking through Hobby Lobby’s app I came across this pen and thought of your quest for something that would work well for signing dark wood. No experience with it, I just thought it seemed like it could work. I couldnt figure out how to copy a link in their app, but search for this on their site:

Opaque White India Ink Calligraphy Pen​

0 stars out of 5

Doug....I copied and pasted the text for search on the Hobby Lobby site, and came up with nothing....

At this point, I've gone back to the simple logo, without anything else. There was too much smearing of the other pens I've tried, so I scrapped the whole idea.

Thanks for the suggestion, though....

-----odie-----

I tried a white pen that I found at an art store years back. It had a roller point which lasted for a few bowls. It did not penetrate into the wood. For light colored woods, there are 'archival' pens which don't run or fade. I don't turn walnut any more, so don't worry about it. I like a 'hand' signed logo on my bowls.

robo hippy

Back