• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Moonshine in Gatlinburg

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
I now know why the segmented turners are holding their symposium in Gatlinburg. They are now selling legal moonshine. I guess I better send in my money so I can go. :)

Drinking shine is a lot like using power tools. Both should be used with gloves, hearing protection, and a face shield. :D

I now know why the segmented turners are holding their symposium in Gatlinburg. They are now selling legal moonshine. I guess I better send in my money so I can go. :)

Shine makes you:

Act single
See double
Pay triple

I had opportunity to try some Pineapple flavored shine recently ... purdy darn good !!!

Brings back a memory of something the grownups called "24-hour cocktail" back when I lived in the Blue Ridge Mountains of the neighboring Tar Heel State.

Last edited:
Website
www.chuckswoodshed.com
Moonshiner trivia

I recently came across a bit of trivia about the term "Moonshiners". Much to my surprise it did not originate in Appalachia as I had always assumed. Supposedly it came from England. In the early days of the industrial revolution when people started working nights they were called "Moonshiners". That's a bit disappointing to a person like me who grew up in Kentucky in real "Moonshining" country.

By the way! What the heck is John talking about anyway? I must have missed something. Legal Moonshine in Gatlinburg?

Last edited:
Back