• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Harvey T40

Yes, purchased two years ago. Prices have risen since then, but they are offering “free shipping” right now.
Works great!

Last edited:
Website
www.studiocsh.com
Yes,

Major pros, it is probably the smoothest and quietest thing I have ever turned on. Smoother than a Robust even, not even kidding. Great for spindles and small projects, love the pivoting headstock that lines right back up accurately afterwards.

Major con- it has some sort of deal in the parameters of the inverter or something (I'm guessing as a safety feature to hit the brakes when a newbie gets a big catch) that also triggers when I'm doing heavy hogging on green wood. To be fair, I never have pursued contacting support to see if that can be tuned out, I just use my bigger lathe for the big heavy stuff.

As has been already said, Harvey is always switching it up with the deals, get on their mailing list and wait a month or two if you're interested.

Yes,

Major pros, it is probably the smoothest and quietest thing I have ever turned on. Smoother than a Robust even, not even kidding. Great for spindles and small projects, love the pivoting headstock that lines right back up accurately afterwards.

Major con- it has some sort of deal in the parameters of the inverter or something (I'm guessing as a safety feature to hit the brakes when a newbie gets a big catch) that also triggers when I'm doing heavy hogging on green wood. To be fair, I never have pursued contacting support to see if that can be tuned out, I just use my bigger lathe for the big heavy stuff.

As has been already said, Harvey is always switching it up with the deals, get on their mailing list and wait a month or two if you're interested.
Nova has the same setting for catches but it's adjustable through the settings menu

Back