• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Free wood...claimed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for looking. This offer has been claimed.

One medium flat rate USPS box full of about one year's worth of cutoffs, pictured below...all for $20.00, which pays for USPS shipping (within the USA only) and PayPal transaction fee. Cutoffs include yellowheart, brazilwood, hickory, hard maple, lilac, amboyna burl, sycamore, osage orange, African pear, afzelia burl, padauk, bacote, olivewood and Spectraply. Send me an email or private message if you want it. Only one available, first come/first served. Shipped from Colorado Springs.

IMG_5484.jpg

IMG_5486.jpg

Last edited:
how the heck does that ship for $20? Wow.
Can't tell by your question if you think that's too high or too low. In any event, a USPS Priority Mail flat rate "medium" sized package, up to 70 pounds, ships anywhere in the USA for $17.10. Add on the PayPal credit card transaction fee and you get close to the $20 figure. BTW, this box of cutoffs actually weighed in at 11 pounds, so Priority Mail is the cheapest way to go.

Generally, anything weighing 2 pounds or more will ship cheaper via USPS Priority Mail than regular mail, UPS or FedX...if you can fit it in one of their flat rate boxes.

Off topic...just before Christmas i was rooting around for a "special" pen blank, and ran across a small flat rate box that i hadn't marked on the outside. Opened it to find quite an assortment of clay cabochons i had purchased from @Ed Davidson several years ago. Not a great photo, but my test piece was a bottle stopper of otherwise plain vanilla maple. Looked much better in person!! Thanks Ed!!

Attachments

• Stop-Ornaments.jpg
    Stop-Ornaments.jpg
    372.5 KB · Views: 17
Off topic...just before Christmas i was rooting around for a "special" pen blank, and ran across a small flat rate box that i hadn't marked on the outside. Opened it to find quite an assortment of clay cabochons i had purchased from @Ed Davidson several years ago. Not a great photo, but my test piece was a bottle stopper of otherwise plain vanilla maple. Looked much better in person!! Thanks Ed!!
Cabochons are easy to make and can add a lot to your turning's uniqueness. Glad to know you liked the box I sent.

2023_yoyo_97a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back