• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Electric corded chainsaw

I'm looking for a high end electric corded chainsaw. Something like the Stihl mse250. I've burned through too many of the cheap big box saws, and I don't want a gas saw.

Have you thought about a battery operated one? There are several good ones on the market. They're a little more expensive then the corded saws. I've used the ECO 18" one and I've been very impressed with it's cutting power and how long the batteries last.

Have you thought about a battery operated one? There are several good ones on the market. They're a little more expensive then the corded saws. I've used the ECO 18" one and I've been very impressed with it's cutting power and how long the batteries last.
I'm not interested in cordless. Ive used the makita cordless and for ripping a bowl blank it takes like 8 batteries.

Back