• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

3M Mask for Vapors & Fumes

Randy Anderson

Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Website
www.etsy.com
A while back I purchased a 3M 6502 face mask for working with shellac, lacquer, etc. I got one of their techs online via chat and they recommended the 3M 60921 cartridges. So far I've been very pleased with it. Easy to get on and off, can't smell anything while wearing it and the quick release in the front lets you lift it up from your mouth to talk (or take a sip of coffee) and then quickly latch back. Light and simple. If you're in the market for a mask for fumes I would recommend it.

Adding to Randy’s report, for those of you with a Versaflo papr, organic vapor cartridges are available for them - they work well also.

Admittedly I could be wrong or forgetful, but I seem to remember reading that organic filters were not available for the TR-300.

Back