• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Yellow cedar bowl
David Sweet

Yellow cedar bowl

This bowl from yellow cedar measures 11" dia x 4.75" high x 3/16" thick. It is finished with a proprietary blend of beeswax and mineral oil.
Hello Curtis and Gary,

Thank you. I appreciate your feedback; it motivates me to turn more! This piece is a gift for a man who donated a kidney to someone very, very close to me some years ago. He was a living non-related donor for someone that was very sick. The words "thank you" (even when they are repeated over and over again) don't really seem to express fully the deep gratitude that is felt, so perhaps the time and focused effort that is spent to acquire, rough turn, air dry and then complete this bowl will better express that appreciation.

Cheers,
David

A terrific bowl for a terrific gesture. Excellent shape! This cedar is so different from what we have here on the east coast. Well done.

When reading about the purpose of this bowl, it does reassure that the goodness in our souls and hearts isn't lost in humanity.....

The "thin wall" aspect of that bowl is what ultimately gives it a delicate look to it.

ooc

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
David Sweet
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata