• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Windy
J

Windy

This hollow form vessel is turned from end grain maple. It measures approximately 5.5 inches tall by 5 inches wide. It is finished in acrylics.

All comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.
Beautiful shape. The acrylics definitely give it a different look. I suspect folks will either love it or hate it. Never being one to join the crowd, I'm ambivalent.

If it's done with end grain maple.....then can I assume that the acrylic paint isn't representative of the actual grain pattern......?

A most unusual look......and worth your time to explore where that will bring you......

ooc

It did catch my eye Joe!
However I don't think that I like the swirling.
I think the form should be a little slimer. But then the swriling would not work at all.
OOH I am going to have to look at it somemore.
Jerry

It is not my cup of tea but it is a well done piece and I'm sure you put some time into the finish. Those swirls are really well done. It does kind of grow on you.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Joe Landon
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename