• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Star fish vessel
Terry Scott

Star fish vessel

Took me about 6 prototypes to get to this
The technique is the same as if I turn one of my winged vessels
Just couldn't work it out for a while but I finally got there 7 inches dia
I used oxide as the color
You got a great effect with the texturing Terry, it looks like it comes straight from the bottom of the sea, the surface looks like it is soft and spongy. I bet it has 3 feet.
Atle

Terry, one of these days one of your creations is going to come to-life. One can almost visualize this one on the sea floor, in the shallows inside the reef.

I think this is one of your most interesting pieces. SO realistic you really want to touch it. Your coloring keeps getting better and better. Amazing piece.
Don L.

Wow. Unless you glued on the legs that is a lot of wood hogging. :)) I suspect you worked on the outside after you hollowed out the inside. Question - seeing as the only opening is the hole you hollowed out - how do you keep from going too thin on the walls? This piece is very different, I love the detailed texturing and the color. Marvelous job.

Hi Terry,
a new successful variation of your winged vessel base technique. I like this obejct.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Terry Scott
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename