• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Mars
J

Mars

This hollow form is turned from end grain ash. It measures 6.25 inches tall by 7 inches wide. It is finished with wipe-on poly, aniline dyes and yellow tinted wax.

All comments, especially critiques, are welcomed and appreciated.
Thanks for the kind words, Donna. I actually turned my first bowl in March of 2008. I absolutely love my new found love.

Man! You people and dying wood....

I can't wait to try some!
Nice piece of work, I really like the "fade" of the colors to each other!

Joe, nice work. Dye can really pop the grain in a piece and you've used it to your advantage. Good job. Nice shape too. Keep up the great work.

Joe owes everything he knows to me hahaha! I have never seen anyone progress so fast and come so far as Joe and no I had nothing to do with it. He has just about pumped out a turning a day since I've known him to start his turning. His success has been in his taking chances with form and color and work. Joe is a great person with a great future in turning if he continues to persue it. Mike Wurm

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Joe Landon
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename