• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Curly Jujube
Jim McLain

Curly Jujube

Curly Jujube finished with Waterlox and three step buff. Had a neighbor offer this small tree to me last year. Was only able to get one bowl out of it but it was worth the effort.
Me, too. Spectacular wood, treated well, maximizing the intrinsic beauty. Love it.

I do, however, have two thoughts. First, the backdrop in the photo is quite interesting, but honestly, the curves on the sanding disc distract from the bowl. Second, I never realized the jujubes we used to throw into the hair of the girls at the Saturday matinees actually grew on trees. :rolleyes:.

Me, too. Spectacular wood, treated well, maximizing the intrinsic beauty. Love it.

I do, however, have two thoughts. First, the backdrop in the photo is quite interesting, but honestly, the curves on the sanding disc distract from the bowl. Second, I never realized the jujubes we used to throw into the hair of the girls at the Saturday matinees actually grew on trees. :rolleyes:.
Thanks Dean - I really need to order one of those collapsible photo tents to use in the shop. Had no idea there was a jujube candy back in the day. I was always a milk dud fan In my matinee days.

Beautiful bowl Jim. While I agree with the background comments, it is nice to see a sanding disc abused just like mine, lol!!

Very nice. One of those kind of pieces that I know when going inside to get my wife's opinion it won't be coming back out into my inventory to sell.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Jim McLain
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Device