• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Camphor Vase
Scott Regenbogen

Camphor Vase

This vase from Camphor wood is 6" tall x 3" at the top - 1.125" at the base. It will likely have a finial but I can't decide what material to use so any feedback would be apprecaited. i have a fairly decent assortment of wood and maybe it doesn't need anything, but i'm kind of leaning towards one...
I should note that this is all one piece of wood, the sapwood is a beautiful gold color, contrasting the rich browns of the heart.

Comments and feedback are always welcome!!
I vote against, this is a lovely piece of wood that shows its self off, the contrasts are exceptional, the balance perfect

Might look good if you make one with the same material - either way you can make one and see if you like the look or not

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Scott Regenbogen
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename