• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

WTB Vicmarc Lathe

Website
www.cutthroatwoodworks.com
Looking for a Vicmarc lathe for sale, preferably in the southwest.
Steve, what size are you looking for? I have restored 3 Vicmarc VL100 lathes (obtained from a Utah school district eliminating their shop class). All are equipped with a 1/2HP motor and belts can be changed to each of the 6 factory speeds (NOT variable speed). Here are photos of each of the 3 lathes. As I restored each lathe, I made adjustments to the "stands" to which they are attached. If you are interested, please PM me and I will share all the details and the asking prices. I am located in Rio Rancho, New Mexico, as you've shared your preference for being in the Southwest.

F94AF046-387E-41F7-A646-49836D0203DA.jpeg
F5B83982-4199-439C-A9EB-A5E24E0305E4.jpeg
E64A1184-AB6A-43E0-9514-65C50DD7469D.jpeg

Scott

Last edited:
That's about the size I was hoping to find but one of the models with a stand and variable speed. How much are you asking for them?

Website
www.cutthroatwoodworks.com
That's about the size I was hoping to find but one of the models with a stand and variable speed. How much are you asking for them?
Hey Steve! You are experiencing the same problem I was when I was looking for Vicmarc here in the west USA. I was outbid by $50 on an original Aussie VL100 with the factory stand and variable speed. Ever since then I regret being a "cheapskate" with my bidding.

In the mean time, I have restored a total of 4 VL100 lathes - the 3 you see above and one that I have added VS to for personal use (a marked increase in expense towards restoration).

I will PM you the what I am asking and the details.

Thanks,
Scott

Tom Gall

TOTW Team
Scott, not interested in buying here. Just curious if you know what year Vicmarc started including the base with motor and controls? I ordered one in 1995 from CSUSA (delivered in 1996) - it just had the basic lathe, belt, and a pulley for the motor. User had to supply the motor and controls.

I decided that the Woodfast M408H is a little larger than what I wanted so it is now up for sale on this forum. So, I'm still looking for a Vicmarc VL150. Anyone have one for sale or know of one?

Back