• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to William Rogers for "Ambrosia Maple Platter" being selected as Turning of the Week for September 16, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

What would you price would you suggest for this turning

I had a lot of interest in my turnings but I not sure what they are worth, or what price to ask! Wondering how to price this out
I really don’t keep track of the time since I build these a few hours at a time I’ll cut a glue sometimes then leave till the next time nothing on tv.
I am new to selling art work !
Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• IMG_4135.jpeg
    IMG_4135.jpeg
    432.6 KB · Views: 11
How to price your work has been a periodic source of discussion on the forum. It's also covered at symposia from time to time, but that doesn't help you here. I suggest you use the Search feature to quickly get many useful responses to your question.

Since you are done with it, you should know your exact labor. Then add in the material cost, and all you shop overhead (electricity, insurance, sandpaper, finish, etc...) Since you know everything except for what labor rate you want to charge, it should be an easy task.

Back