• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

What have I Done!?!?!?!

So I decided to delete one of the pictures in my gallery. I carefully considered the warning that "once it's gone, it's gone" and having confirmed my intent I went ahead with the delete.

Imagine my surprise when I discovered that my entire album appears to have been deleted. I didn't have that much in there so it's not that big a deal. I post this as more of a caution to others who have much more to lose.

Interestingly, if I click on "upload photos" it still shows all the space used as though the album still exists. The album just doesn't show up any more.

Be careful with that delete option!!

Ed

I think you may be right Bill. Clearly my delete button was booby trapped and rigged for total global destruction.

I wonder how they knew I was going to want to delete one my photos?;)

Ed

Website
www.token.crwoodturner.com
Just imagine all that virtual carbon released into the ether when that album exploded--oh, the humanity!:eek:

Sorry Ed, I couldn't resist. And I have no idea if the album can be retrieved or not, maybe Steve can dig it out?

Last edited:
Ken - The really interesting thing is that the album is still out there. If I click on the search link in the My Photos section of the gallery and then do a search on my user name when the search page comes up, it brings up all the pictures in my gallery. I can then click on a picture and access the album.

I just can't get to the album the usual way (for me click on the "e" then click on me). It's like the index entry vaporized or something.

Ed

Late breaking news!!!

I just uploaded a new photo to see what would happen and that appears to have restored whatever needed restoring to make me visible again.

All is well with the world, although I suspect there may be a bug lurking out there somewhere that may surface again some day.

Ed

Website
turnedbygeorge.com
Late breaking news!!!

I just uploaded a new photo to see what would happen and that appears to have restored whatever needed restoring to make me visible again.

All is well with the world, although I suspect there may be a bug lurking out there somewhere that may surface again some day.

Ed
It's a "Vast Right Wing Conspiracy!:mad:" :eek: :D

Get it back

You can get any docs or pics back if you delete when using MS windows. Look in the recycle bin and open it up,, you will find the pics and you can restore to the original location.

Good luck

Rich

You can get any docs or pics back if you delete when using MS windows. Look in the recycle bin and open it up,, you will find the pics and you can restore to the original location.

Good luck

Rich

Yeah, right. Good luck Rich.:)

Back