• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

What a Great Organization!

I've been a member of many organizations, but none like the AAW. This is one Great bunch of people.
I live in the New Orleans area and Hurricane Katrina visited here last fall. My neighborhood had major wind damage and my shop took in about 1.5 feet of water in a quick passing flood. I applied for assistance from the AAW Emergency Relief Fund because my insurance didn't help me out with the shop stuff. (flood insurance, commercial, BS)
This organization send me enough money to replace my controller, clean up some tools, and replace the roof of my shop. I added to the $$$ and replaced most of the wall panels and doors. It doesn't look or feel the same. Now if my turning would only improve that much.

This fine organization, comprised of some of the nicest people on the planet, not only came to my assistance, but to the aid of several of my club members. Some used the funds to replace shops, tools or gear. A few used the funds to get on with life. One member lost everything in his world, only to have AAW be the first to step up with help. Several others still don't know what life holds for them at this time, they only know that the AAW was there for them.

Gotta go now, just wanted to let you know what kind of company you keep, the finest.
Captain Eddie Castelin and The Bayou Woodturners

BTW, we plan on replacing those funds with our "Operation Payback". Never can tell when another woodturner will need help.

Back