• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Al Miotke for "Laminations Galore" being selected as Turning of the Week for September 9, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Vega 2600 manual and replacement belts

Hey everyone! I recently picked up a Vega 2600 and it could use some replacement belts. Does anyone have a good lead on where to order them? In doing basic searches I cannot find the belt numbers so I’m thinking they might be out with different numbers at this point? I was also wondering if anyone had a manual by chance so that I could hopefully dive deeper into all the functions of the VFD. Thanks all, -Ken

This is an old link with a Vega 2600 for sale. The poster has pictures of the manual (sideways and hard to read). However likely the numbers are Vega’s and not much help.

For belts I would look at Megadyne or similar company that sells belts as they likely would be able to help.

This is an old link with a Vega 2600 for sale. The poster has pictures of the manual (sideways and hard to read). However likely the numbers are Vega’s and not much help.

For belts I would look at Megadyne or similar company that sells belts as they likely would be able to help.

Thanks William!

What kind of belt is it? Grooved, Ribbed? I bought a belt for an old Sears Hand Planer some years ago from polybelt.com in California.

Mine are marked Contitech 1041/410l. The controller for mine can be downloaded from the Toshiba website. VFS11S.
There were different generations of that machine. The last version had a VFD, but others were step pulleys, and I think even a DC motor with a controller. Vega was often slow to use technology in their machines.

Back