• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to David Bartell for "Critter Serioes #3" being selected as Turning of the Week for September 23, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Turning of the Week September 23, 2024

Kevin Jesequel

TOTW Team
Several weeks ago I was invited to fill a slot in the TOTW team. This week is my first pick and I have selected David Bartell’s Critter Series 3 for TOTW. I have long been a fan of Dave’s work combining minimalistic basket illusion with stunning Texas Mesquite. His new series adds a playful element to the interior of his bowls while remaining true to his signature style.

full

Great choice Kevin! You will make a great addition to the TOTW team. David, I think your design is wonderful. Just the right amount of embellishment and colour and the placement of the center motif is spot on! Keep 'em coming.

Back