• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Al Miotke for "Laminations Galore" being selected as Turning of the Week for September 9, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Turning of the Week for August 5, 2024

hockenbery

Forum MVP
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
www.hockenberywoodturning.com
My pick for turning of the week for August 5, 2024, is "Cirque de Bois" by Jerry Bennett.

Easy for me to select this piece. To say it stands out is an understatement.
Not so easy to describe it. I don’t have the words to describe it adequately... Spectacular, incredible, delightful, amazing, outrageous, fun, party, celebration, marvelous, stunning, smashing, wonderful, emotive, whimsical…. I just don’t have anything in my vocabulary to do it justice.

So, I encourage each of you to look at it and use your words.

FULL

Thank you Jerry Bennet for making Cirque de Bois and sharing it with us.

Sometimes shutting up and just looking is the right move…..not here!! The attention to details is pretty amazing for sure. The piece just keeps going and going!! It’s a great “I wonder if I….” piece. I love the write up on the back cover of American Woodturner that goes with this beauty. The mind of Jerry Bennett refuses to be wasted and always amazes me….what a pleasure that is! Thanks Jerry!

Tom Gall

TOTW Team
A jaw-dropping, wonderfully impressive piece. Still trying to figure how it was made and assembled. Congratulations, Jerry! ... and excellent choice, Al.

Michael Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
TOTW Team
Excellent choice, Al. If you hadn't chosen it, I'm sure someone else would have. What more can you say about a Jerry Bennett piece than WOW! This one is among my favorites of his, for the overall piece as well as the message it conveys.

Back