• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Al Miotke for "Laminations Galore" being selected as Turning of the Week for September 9, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Turning of the Week for August 19, 2024

Tom Gall

TOTW Team
My choice for TOTW for August 19, 2024 is Good Luck Birds” by Curt Fuller.

I pretty much like all of Curt’s feather motif pieces, whether used on one of his platters or on a tapered cylinder, as here, to represent the bird’s bodies. His pyrography work is always very creative.

But the carved heads add a whole new dimension - and that is probably the main reason why this is my choice for the week. Each bird has its own personality and attitude … kind of like us woodturners on this forum.

full

View attachment 65901
“Good Luck Birds” by Curt Fuller

Website
www.aioncompany.com
My choice for TOTW for August 19, 2024 is Good Luck Birds” by Curt Fuller.

I pretty much like all of Curt’s feather motif pieces, whether used on one of his platters or on a tapered cylinder, as here, to represent the bird’s bodies. His pyrography work is always very creative.

But the carved heads add a whole new dimension - and that is probably the main reason why this is my choice for the week. Each bird has its own personality and attitude … kind of like us woodturners on this forum.

full

View attachment 65901
“Good Luck Birds” by Curt Fuller
Beautiful and unusual. BRAVO!!

It’s a cool morning when birds need to wear blankets. This is an outstanding use of your always excellent feather pyrography work Curt!! Your whimsical birds are a bit spooky; of course there’s nothing wrong with a little spooky on a cool morning!! Nice choice Tom!

Back