• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Al Miotke for "Laminations Galore" being selected as Turning of the Week for September 9, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Turning of the week for August 12, 2024

odie

TOTW Team
Panning for Montana gold, with Betsy, the mule!
There are so many great turnings as of late, that I wish I could pick a dozen......but, this one by Tom Gall caught my eye. Such great burl figuring in this one. The overall shape and details are very pleasing, as well.

full

-o-

Last edited:

odie

TOTW Team
Panning for Montana gold, with Betsy, the mule!
Whoa ... thanks, Odie! Surprised to see this as TOTW for reasons we've discussed in the past. Appreciate the honor.
Thanks to all for your comments.

Well Tom......if you're concerned that your status as a TOTW team member means your turning shouldn't be eligible for TOTW, then your turning wasn't chosen for that reason....it stands as a great turning, and that's the only thing I considered when it was chosen.

-o-

I didn't see this thread at all until today, but I was perusing Tom's gallery all last week and by coincidence have kept this piece open in a browser tab to look at for inspiration. It really is remarkable, as are all of his pieces.

Tom Gall

TOTW Team
I didn't see this thread at all until today, but I was perusing Tom's gallery all last week and by coincidence have kept this piece open in a browser tab to look at for inspiration. It really is remarkable, as are all of his pieces.
Thank you so much, Greg. I appreciate your nice comment and I'm glad you like my work.

Back