• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Will Armstrong for "Gold Carved Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 20th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Turning For Troops

Been donating turned items to the local VA hospital for a number of years through our local chapter. Made it out this morning to the local Woodcraft store to partake in their Turning For Troops pen turning weekend. All items get sent to active & hospitalized military personel. If you have a local Woodcradt store, please consider stopping by your store thru Sunday and turn a pen and show your support for our miltary durning this Veterans Day weekend. Rocker also has a turning event tomorrow at their stores.
pen1.jpg pen2.jpg pen3.jpg

I would think so. Contact them to find out and confirm. Also, I believe there must be some type VA facilities (probably multiple) on the islands. You could contact them and probably donate directly. I'd guess you might have a chapter member with some type of contact (or know of somebody with contacts) within the system already.

Back