• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Turners With Physical Problems

Website
www.torne-lignum.com
I just wanted to say "Way To GO" to all the turners who responded to Bob's post regarding a sit down lathe. I was unaware of how many of us have some physical disability, pain or just discomfort but make adjustments and keep on turning.

Not knowing the extent of Bob's medical problem, I don't want this to sound like I'm addressing this against him, that is NOT what I feel. I'm sure he is doing the best he can and we're all supporting his efforts.

I think what I really want to say is that I am proud of all of you who are dealing with any medical or physical problems; keep on truckin' ..... um, I mean turnin'! :)

Physical problems

Ruth, My knees want to say thanks for your kind comments! Philip

Website
www.abhats.com
Just posted about this on the original thread. My wife is a vision special ed teacher and my third daughter and her oldest have physical challenges, and I've arthritis (getting old sucks!). Anyway, I haven't seen anyone mention the Oneway 123SD (http://www.oneway.ca/). I don't sell them and am a die-hard Stubby owner, but if you've got problems with standing, wouldn't this be a great answer?

Back