• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

To Patent or Not?

Hey Chaka,

Very Kool!!!

I got the sense that you won't mind if we all start playing around with it. I'm thinking it will be a fun thing to make for the kids at our club's next fair.

Dietrich

P.S. (nowhere near Roswell so you're safe from us :D)

Similarity To Old Toy

When I saw your tops something looked real familiar and a couple days later it finally hit me. I remember a toy from when I was younger, it was a spinning top, it looked like this although metal, it had a knob on top that you pulled up and down and it spun the top on the spot, it didn't travel as I recall but just sat and spun. I don't remember fully what was painted on it but it may have been a flying saucer or merry-go-round, beats me.
Anyhow, I think your work is absolutely fabulous and very ingenious. I wish you all the best. I like to turn finger tops and recently turned 3 that would fit on a dime and had room for another half dozen, and they spun, not easy with my big fingers though!
Good luck,
IrishMike
TheCelticWoodshop.com

Back