• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Three Cheers for Ohio

I returned last night from Turning 2007 put on by the Ohio Valley Woodturning Guild and want to thank them for their hospitality and congratulate them on a great Symposium. Great location, excellent Pro and Guest Demos and just a nice bunch of folks. I brought my Dad along on this trip and he really enjoyed his first ever symposium. I think I may have just doubled my symposium costs for the next few years.

I will be back in 2009. Get a few days rest and start planning the next one.

Thanks

Frank Kobilsek
Mendota, IL

Website
turnedbygeorge.com
Elbo Tool

I heard that there was going to be a grand unveiling of an Elbo like tool that was even better...
Was it there, did anyone see it, and was it "better?"

Website
turnedbygeorge.com
I heard that there was going to be a grand unveiling of an Elbo like tool that was even better...
Was it there, did anyone see it, and was it "better?"
SERIOUSLY, there was talk of a new elbo type tool tjat would be unveiled at that show... I was in Albany and missed it, did anyone see this new tool and what did you think?

George

Bill that sells the Stubby lathe was demo-ing an Elbo tool on the Stubby in the trade show. But George I don't know the difference between the old Elbo and the new Elbo so I really can't answer your question. Sorry

Frank

George
It has not hit the market yet.
I talked to some of the fellows involved, they are waiting for all the paper work to be correct. Thats all I can say about it.

Jerry

Back