• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Thread Chasing explained

Website
www.loseby.co.uk
Over here in the UK, the two top thread chasing turners are Allan Batty (who is now semi retired) and John Berkeley. John has just made an excellent dvd and it is supposed to be the definitive guide to thread chasing. I found it a great help. If anyone is interested, he is selling it worldwide and you can see it on his website www.johnberkeley.co.uk

Thought you might find it useful

Kindest regards

Paul

Thread Chasing

Thanks Paul for the information.

We were fortunate to have Allan Batty here last June for a class in my shop which covered thread chasing, in addition to all the other turning talents he has.
The man is an incredible turner and teacher. We had several participants who purchased thread chasers after his class and have since become competant thread chasers.
In addition to his thread chasing DVD, he has one on on the skew chisel, that is unsurpassed in my opinion. He wiil be at Provo, Utah this year so I really don't know how "semi retired " he is!!!!

Trade turners such as Allan are becoming a lost breed.

Nick Stagg

Back