• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Chad Eames for "Twisted Walnut Vessel"being selected as Turning of the Week for September 2, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Terry McDowell

Hi everyone. My name is Terry McDowell. I live in Keyser WV. I've only been turning a couple of years now in my spare time on a Rikon 70-220 vsr midi lathe. I would like to turn more but my full-time job as a facilities manager always gets in the way. However, retirement is in my near future as this will be my last year for full time employment.
Then I plan to devote more time to more enjoyable things like wood turning.
So far most of my projects have been small bowls, lidded boxes, and some candle holders. I tried an inside out Christmas ornament that didn't turn out to well. I'll have to keep working on that. I'm looking forward to visiting this site to glean information I can use to become a better woodturner. I do belong to a local club, " the Quad State Bodgers" where I've learned quite a bit already. My goal is to continue to grow and to eventually help others with the things I learn.
I am looking at a bigger lathe but not quite sure which way to go so that will be one thing I'll be asking about in the future.
Thanks everyone.

Back