• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to William Rogers for "Ambrosia Maple Platter" being selected as Turning of the Week for September 16, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

SWAT Galleries

I went to SWAT this year and finally got a chance to hurriedly go thru the gallery and take pics of most everything. I did this back in 2021 but there was not as much there then after COVID. Hope y'all enjoy and get some ideas for your next project. Lots of clutter in some pics due to the tags but you get the idea. In case you are interested I also did a slied show of the 2016 AAW Symposium in Atlanta.

I went to SWAT this year and finally got a chance to hurriedly go thru the gallery and take pics of most everything. I did this back in 2021 but there was not as much there then after COVID. Hope y'all enjoy and get some ideas for your next project. Lots of clutter in some pics due to the tags but you get the idea. In case you are interested I also did a slied show of the 2016 AAW Symposium in Atlanta.

thanks for posting. I didn't make it this year and I always get inspiration from the gallery

I walked through the gallery last year, but didn’t have a chance to this year, so I very much appreciate the slide show. Some of my favorites at:
3:03
4:44
4:56
5:53
10:31
11:16
14:47
14:55
16:43
17:03
17:14
22:17
24:11

Thanks again

Tim

Website
www.prairiewoodart.com
I'm curious, does SWAT have an auction?
No, but there is a raffle that is part of the event. The first 3 minutes or so of Gerald's slide show 30+ items (any item that was on a table backed up to a partition wall) are all items donated to that raffle. Raffle items are all donated and are submitted by invitation only. The bowl at the 1:44 mark happens to be my work.
That slide presentation showed me several things that I don't recall seeing in person, yet I was through the gallery several times.

Back