• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Will Armstrong for "Gold Carved Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 20th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Steve Tiedman

Hello Turners,

I'm new here, but not new to turning. I started turning in 1995 while living in Moscow, ID. In 2000, we moved back to our native MN, the Twin Cities area, and within a year I was able to re-establish my turning shop (currently two Vicmarc lathes and all the fixin's, one of which I'm selling to make space for other woodworking gear). I was a member of the AAW and the MN Woodturners Assoc. for a few years in the early 00's (active with the newsletter, demos, and hands-on teaching), but other hobbies and interests came into my life. Turning never left, but it was moved to a back burner to simmer, stirring the pot a couple times a year to keep my skills from sticking to the bottom of the pan .

In recent years I've gotten back into the shop more often, turning for fun and craft rather than serious art, and maybe tossing in a little flat board work just for the heck of it. I haven't been on a woodturning forum since clear back to the 1990s Usenet day of rec.crafts.woodturning (anyone remember that one?). Anyway, I've lurked in the background here over the years but today decided to sign up, maybe it'll help me get back into the swing of things a bit more seriously.

To anyone I've crossed paths with in years past, hello again, and to the rest, thanks for having me.

Steve.

Gear shift knobs (L&R) for my Fiat ragtop, bookshelf stereo speakers, walnut bowl.

20180128_185201.jpg 20180425_205008.jpg 20181117_164800.jpg

Back