• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Source for group order of smocks

Website
www.studiocsh.com
My Google-fu is usually pretty good but I can't seem to find this- does anyone have a source for ordering a small run of smocks (20-30) embroidered with a club/group logo? I did find woodturnerssmocks.com but I'd like a lower price point and more color choices besides gray.

FYI - I ordered one from woodturnerssmocks.com and am very happy with it. It's longer than a couple others I have so my iPhone is covered while turning and the fabric isn't as clingy to shavings as one of my others. Only negative I have about it is the zipper is stitched in backwards instead of the pull on the right side like I'm used to. Understand it's not what you're looking for, but I'm a happy customer.

Our club did a group order through Craft Supplies and they were great to work with. There were no choices in colors, though.

IMHO, getting a comfortable smock that does it's job well is far more important than color. The zipper on the AAW smock gives me the choice of abraded Adam's apple or shavings down the shirt. Not what I want from a smock. YMMV

You might try Timberbits out of Australia. Their smocks are $29.50 and they are a nice smock and shipping has been very reasonable (I have 2 and found that I ordered 1 size bigger than smocks from the US) A mass order might even do better on shipping and like Michael above get them embroided locally.

Website
www.studiocsh.com
To clarify and give this a bump, I'm looking for a wholesale supplier, the people selling smocks as merch are getting them from somewhere and I was hoping to find someone (the AAW itself maybe) willing to share a source. Feel free to DM if you wish to keep it a secret, I promise not to post publicly.

Website
www.reallyruralwoodworks.com
To clarify and give this a bump, I'm looking for a wholesale supplier, the people selling smocks as merch are getting them from somewhere and I was hoping to find someone (the AAW itself maybe) willing to share a source. Feel free to DM if you wish to keep it a secret, I promise not to post publicly.
Rule of thumb from past business experiences , legit wholesalers generally do not advertise and you'd be hard pressed to even find a website sometimes. Most of them will require a business license, a state resale tax certificate, and a business credit line (they don't do credit cards) and with rare exceptions, they also require large orders (20 to 30 units? most wouldn't even listen to a buyer until they start talking in thousands of dollars at a minimum... maybe some of those chinese factories on Alibaba or some such might talk to you, if you want to go the import route, but then you got to deal with import/export stuff...) Most wholesalers will advertise in their trade publications (I.E. Textiles/Clothing/Outerwear markets, to connect with distributors and legit trade retailers) At best, you might be able to find an in-between (distributor) that can sell you smaller orders ($500 - $1000) but unlikely to get any custom logos, you'd likely have to go to a supply retailer for that.

Website
www.studiocsh.com
Thanks, Brian. Yes you are right, I'm not looking to go that far down the supply chain but rather want to find a distributor similar to what you'd do if you were ordering logo polos for an office job or something like that. I did come across a very old thread searching the forums here in which someone said that the AAW was going to share its source but then they didn't post the link or I couldn't find it.

Website
www.reallyruralwoodworks.com
I did track down the mentioned resource:

If this is still good, this is what I'm looking for! Perhaps AAW could share the current vendor if this is not current.
Well read that post, and a search brings it up if you can figure out what SLSG is but it does bring up several links that may be suitable: https://www.bing.com/search?q=SLSG+smocks&form=ANNNB1&refig=2289436da6b14d959f1f5beb5b016b91

Back