• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

segmented turning software

I am thinking about purchasing a software program to help with planning projects. What experience have you had using any of the programs available? What seems to be the best or worst of the various programs?

Segmented Software

I have been using Woodturnerpro for a number of years and would not do without it. I have doing segmented bowls for several years and appreciate the amount of information that the software calculates for me. There are other programs available but I have not researched them. I would think the others would be of great value also.

You can find the software at www.woodturnerpro.com

My 2 cents worth.

FH

Programs

I have Segmented project planner, Woodturner pro, and Woodturner's Studio. They are all good. I like them all as each has a different strong point. I tend to use Woodturner's studio first but I also like a lot of the features in segemnted project planner. With woodturner pro you also need the 3d design program to make it work like the studio. SPP(segmented project planner) is really nice for designing the feature rings.

Vernon

Thanks for the imput. I have been reviewing all three programs and will use your advice to make my final decision. Rich

Back