• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Seggy's Dream

Website
www.tahoeturner.com
After all the recent heated discussions on 'global warming" and "rude woodturners", I thought a "lighter" topic might be in order.

As a result of taking a video editing class at our local college this fall, I have posted my first video on youtube at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRn_mzDYq-s

This turning, “Seggy’s Dream†is Brazilian tulipwood, Gabon ebony, bloodwood, and pink ivory, 9†tall, finished with Bullseye Universal sanding sealer and Minwax Wipe-On-Poly (gloss).

This is a donation for the American Cancer Society which I’ve posted on eBay at: http://cgi.ebay.com/Seggys-Dream-a-...oryZ4174QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Happy Holidays

Attachments

• seggy's dream (aaw).jpg
    seggy's dream (aaw).jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 419
Website
turnedbygeorge.com
Great Work!

In every possible interpretation of the phrase!

MT,

I don't know what to say! Now you're a videographer to boot! The video was great and I'll be showing it to my grandkids this Christmas. Very warm and cute. And for an excellent cause.

You also did a few things I didn't recognize in the video. What tool were you using for that scraping cut at about 6:23 in. Looks like a low-angle bedan or something.

All the best,

Joe

Website
www.token.crwoodturner.com
A video like that is a great selling tool for a high-end piece of this sort. I'll wager that it helped get some bids and move them up :) It's not hard to believe how successful the bidding is on only the second day of the auction.
Nice going, Malcom!

I enjoyed the video. Great little story. Beautiful turning but a little unusual for you Malcolm. I hope it pulls in a lot of money for cancer research. I just looked, the bid is up to $1075.00

GA Darling

Website
www.tahoeturner.com
MT,
What tool were you using for that scraping cut at about 6:23 in. Looks like a low-angle bedan or something.

Joe, it's just a John Jordan scraper. It has a beefy handle and a reversable cutting bar which can be quickly flipped for going the other direction. A very effective tool I might add.

Back