• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Sales Gallery

Dale,
I have also gotten some positive feeling about being able to display and selling your work on the AAW site. How is that going?
ED

Ed
About two weeks ago I heard it was doing good. There have been a bunch of sales. I've been too busy to post any of my work and I'm not sure I want more work right now.
Dale

Ed,

Regarding the online AAW sales galleries, we've been open for business about 8 weeks now. Over 210 individual items have been listed, valued at over $1,000,000. 25 items that we know of have been sold, valued at around $60,000.

If you take Binh Pho's $12,000 piece that sold a few weeks ago as an example, the $10 listing costs is a pretty modest commission.

One of the main benefits is that any AAW member who does not have a "web presence" (or want's more presence), can get a custom made website up and running that features their work for ten bucks - I think that's a real bargain.

Last edited:

Joe

I think the new sales venue is a win/win for every body. The cost is very modest to any other sales market I have found.

Back