• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to John Shannon for "Walnut Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 27, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Round Carbide Inserts

I found a round carbide insert at Carbide Depot. They have an Application Support widget that says this particular insert is specifically applicable to wood turning.

Sizes are 8, 10 & 12mm with 7 degree relief. They are $5.90 each, sold in packs of 5. Screws are outrageous - $3.75 per. I'm sure cheaper ones can be found.

I'd be willing to get a 5 pack if I can get a few people to commit to buying at least 1. Of course, all costs would be shared equally, including the old shipping and handling.

Anyone interested?

I bought a 10 pack of Shellix replacement cutters for making a rougher. These were relatively inexpensive at $26 for the 10 pack. I'll let you know how these turn out.

This tool making project will end up costing me an arm, leg, chest, nose, brain and other body parts by the time I allegedly get finished. (Is this fun or obsession?)

Burt

Back