• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to William Rogers for "Ambrosia Maple Platter" being selected as Turning of the Week for September 16, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Robust Lathe Light and Bosch Visualizer Mount?

For those of you that have a Robust lathe, a Robust light setup, and a Bosch Visualizer -

How do you mount the Visualizer since the boss on the headstock is used by the light?

Light.png Visualizer.png

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:

Dave Landers

Beta Tester
Website
dlwoodturning.com
Here's a photo from Trent's website of one of the student bays. He's got an air nozzle stuck in the visualizer mount...

IMG_3450-scaled.jpg

Here's a photo from Trent's website of one of the student bays. He's got an air nozzle stuck in the visualizer mount...

Gents,
I just found that adapter in a box of TB Tools stuff.

Meanwhile I made this one out of brass. It adds about 3/4" more height to the screen elevation as compared to the Bosch adapter installed in the photo shared by you, Dave.

If I find it too high, I have a few options now to get it lower. But I think I will like it is at now. I thought it was too low for my liking on the boss without the lights installed. I am glad to get my lights installed and finished.

Thank you both for the help.

spacer.jpg PXL_20240826_182654540.PORTRAIT.jpg

You sure don't need to mount the monitor on the lathe. You don't have to see the wood when using the visualizer because the camera does that for you. My laptop sits on a shelf behind the lathe.

You sure don't need to mount the monitor on the lathe. You don't have to see the wood when using the visualizer because the camera does that for you. My laptop sits on a shelf behind the lathe.
Richard, sounds like maybe you are not using the Robust lighting system. Is that correct?
I don't use Trent's screen, don't need anything that big, but I epoxy'd a good size rare earth magnet to the bottom of my screen that holds it in place on the lathe perfectly.
Roger, how posting a photo of where you stick it on the lathe?

Thanks

You are correct Alan, but it doesn't make any different when it comes to where or how the monitor is mounted. You could mount a monitor from the ceiling or lay it on the floor if you wanted to. It merely has to be in the vicinity of the lathe.

Last edited:
Back