• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Robert Sorby Tools

This is a tale that has to be told. It is not a product endorsement ( even though I love every tool I have ever purchased made by Robert Sorby ). It is about the unexpected pleasure of dealing with a company with old fashioned values of customer service. I purchased a ProEdge sharpener when they first came out and it had a cosmetic issue that never effected its superb performance. But , you will all know what I mean when I say it bothered me. I mentioned it to the Sorby representative at a recent demonstration and he told me to immediately send in a picture and they would promptly follow up. To my surprise within 24 hours I received an e-mail directly from Sorby advising me that they would correct the issue at their full cost including shipping even thought the warrantee had expired. The unit was repaired and unfortunately damaged by UPS on its return leg. So here I am at a point when the issue of my machine could go, as they say, north or south. I my utter amazement I received an e-mail from Robert Sorby apologizing for my inconvenience and a notification that they would be immediately requesting the US company I purchased it from to send me a new machine. I still have the old one and am expecting the new one today. Within our small wood turning community it is nice to know trhat there are companies out there that still stand behind their products.

Robert F. Greenberg

Pro Edge

I too have one of these units and when I got mine home, something was not right, so being the Mr. Fixit that I am I took it apart and found the problem. When I registered my Warranty on-line, I made a note of telling them what I found. As you say, in your next breath I had an e-mail back saying my warranty was now extended by 6 months.

Can't beat it. I have visited the Sorby factory in England a few years back. What an eye opener that was.

Great tools great service.

Syd.

Back