• Congratulations to 2024 AAW Member Exhibition Common Roots forum member finalists (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Alan Weinberg for "Ash hollow form" being selected as Turning of the Week for October 14, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Rajesh Jhunjhunwala

My name is Rajesh Jhunjhunwala (my friends call me Raj) and I live in Portland, Oregon. I am grateful to be admitted to this community. After retiring from a Computer engineering career in 2019, I was looking for some direction in my new life when COVID happened and like most people I was busy with life’s challenges. One day my son encouraged me to take his mini lathe for a spin. After some reluctance due to lack of knowledge and fearing injury, I went to a class for spindle turning in 2022, but it was not until the next year when I took another class- bowl turning turning this time, that the bug caught me. I have been turning for about a year and loving it so I bought myself a Laguna Revo 1216 this year. I was a volunteer at the Woodturning Symposium in Portland in May 2024 and watching Stuart Batty work his magic in real life was priceless. I know I have a long way to go but I expect the journey to be exciting. Here are a few of the bowls I have turned from wood of trees cut down around town.

Attachments

• Flowering PlumBox.jpg
    Flowering PlumBox.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 15
  • FloweringPlumLiddedBox.jpg
    FloweringPlumLiddedBox.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 12
  • SpaltedMapleB.jpg
    SpaltedMapleB.jpg
    375.7 KB · Views: 15
  • SpaltedMapleBurl.jpg
    SpaltedMapleBurl.jpg