• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

OT:Not turning related but appreciable by everyone I'm sure

Website
www.chakajo.com
That's one really awesome bird, but it needs better taste in music :cool2:

On the subject of off topic posts, personally I don't mind them and maybe we should put up a subfourm just for that?

I think that it makes us a more rounded community.

You're absolutely right, Steve. I don't mind the off topic posts either, but I think you will find that another board is necessary when you start getting complaints (and you will, trust me). That's what happened at WR (Woodturner's Resource), and after the addition most everyone was happy.

R

Ron Sardo

On the subject of off topic posts, personally I don't mind them and maybe we should put up a subfourm just for that?

Couldn't hurt Steve. Why not give it a try for a few months and see how it works out?

KEW

The ocassional post like this is great fun, but I could see how things could quickly get out of hand if the off topic posts started to get too common.

However, be warned - you're a moderator, and I don't know that you really want to monitor a OT board. Humor often has a nasty way of covering political or religious issues which can offend and develop into flaming, etc.
Certainly much attention would have to be given to the rules of an OT forum.

Back