• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to William Rogers for "Ambrosia Maple Platter" being selected as Turning of the Week for September 16, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Original Escoulen Chuck - Looking for information

I have my dad's original Escoulen Chuck but how in the world does it work?. Does anyone have a video or reference on how to use the chuck? I searched the web but didn't have any luck. Thank you for any leads!

IMG_2675.JPG

Check out You Tube and search for "Escoulen chuck". I found at least 3 videos on it. I did not play the videos, but the titles seem to be what you may be looking for. Enjoy.

Check out You Tube and search for "Escoulen chuck". I found at least 3 videos on it. I did not play the videos, but the titles seem to be what you may be looking for. Enjoy.
Thanks! The only ones that I have found are on the newer version of the chuck. Not sure when this one was made but maybe before the time of Youtube videos?

I have my dad's original Escoulen Chuck but how in the world does it work?. Does anyone have a video or reference on how to use the chuck? I searched the web but didn't have any luck. Thank you for any leads!

View attachment 65724
Actually, your dad's original chuck is a #2 Escoulen, not a #3 which is much larger and has built in counter weights.

Back