• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Open Board Meeting Notes

I was on the site looking through the magazine database when I noticed that Angelo had posted his notes from the open board meeting in Richmond as he had said he would. There is also a link to the AAW 2008-2010 Strategic Plan.

I don't know if Ed Davidson is tracking the hits on the page, but when Malcolm Tibbetts said in the forum that in 18 years the AAW had only received one request for a copy of the minutes I was hoping that there would be some interest shown by the membership and the board could see just how much interest there is.

For those of us that asked that the meeting minutes be posted, I think that this is a good start. If we (the membership) want this continued, I think that folks should take a look. Is it perfect? No. It's a start.

Thank you, Angelo, I personally appreciate it.

John

Thanks for this information, John. I just spent about 15 minutes looking for it and can't find it anywhere. Perhaps it could be posted to a more obvious place.

Cyril - I just went through the same thing. I finally found it in the "members only" area. The only way I know to get to that is from the main page.

Assuming that they are a fairly typical set of AAW Board Meeting Minutes, after reading them I have a much better understanding of why over 18 years only one person called in to have a copy mailed to them.

Ed

I don't believe these minutes are what members mean when they say thhey would like to see the minutes. If you were in Richmond then these are probably of little value. What is needed is to see or have available are copies of the Board minutes so the decisions that effect us can be perused.

it would be interesting to regularky see minutes.i would have requesed 12 years ago if it was known they could be obtained. malcolm, it would be cool to find out how some of the raise the dues decisions were made.

Ed,
Thanks, I found it and I can understand it being in the members only area but I'm still puzzled by the fact that it was not pointed out, by the board, where it was.

Back