• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

old bessey is fallin off speed under load?

My delta 46-613 falls off speed under turning load. Otherwords, I will chuck up a blank, 11" x 5" deep or so, and when I rough out thru completion, I have a sore left leg from holding the speed lever at the correct speed...... Very aggrevational over time.
My other question. The indexing pin is supposed to go up and down: and lock in place: how? My parts copy isnt real clear. Any help would be grand.

service center

had to take my 46-715 delta back in to service center, it had a 2 year warrenty, service center people very helpful

i had again locked the spindle and forgot to unlock it before starting, one side of the pulley now has two chuncks out of it(yes, i have had previous encounter:eek:) pulley on backorder, slow boat from asia i guess:(

but the lathe is operational, i may break a belt:rolleyes:

i hope to learn from my mistakes and abuse of this lathe before upgrade:eek:

Back